Today we went to Chamonix and see the Mont-Blanc. It was magnificent!
– We bought train tickets from the Annecy station
– I’m very impressed with the on-time ness of the transport system in here. If the ticket said at 15.13 then it’ll come 13 passed. The train was comfortable as well.
– We passed some towns along the way to Chamonix & these are some of the photos that I took along the way:
– We ate breakfast at a restaurant in Chamonix. Sometime I’m impressed with the restaurants staff because normally there were only one or two wait staff at a restaurant to handle the whole guests.
– The husband bought cable cars ticket to go & see Mont Blanc up close.
This is the cable car station
We were given numbered tags to
show that we need to go up at a certain time with the same numbered group. We got number 32 that means we’ll go at 11 am.
– I think the cable car experience was awesome! We shared the cable car with a Swiss-German guy & his daughter. He tried to explain to me about Mont-Blanc and the surrounding mountains but maybe he didn’t realise that I don’t
speak Swiss-German (he said the Swiss-German speaks different language than the Germans). So I just nodded and smiled, sometimes I said “danke” for his effort.
– The views were just incredible!! All the photos that we took couldn’t do justice on how beautiful it was.
Some people walked up and camping there!
– We stopped at the top of L’aguille du midi. I felt I was out of breath and my heart raced so quickly! I have never experienced this kind of feeling before. I got a scared and had to sit down for a while until my heart went to normal again. The Husband think it was because of the oxygen level in that area. Once I composed my self, I was happy & posing in the ice cave 🙂
– We rested for a while at plan the L’aguille bar, having some drinks and I wrote post cards for my nieces & brothers.
The views from the bar:
There were donkeys there!
– We got back to Chamonix at around 4 pm & our train back was at 5.15 pm so I had time to browse the gift shops. I bought more postcards for my nieces and a fridge magnet for me.
These are some of the stuffs that they are selling at the gift shop:
We had a lovely day indeed. It was really good that we bought pastries and cake before we rode the cable car so we had picnic whenever we stopped.
These are some of the things that the cake shop sells in Chamoix: