Today we checked out from the Warwick hotel & went to Annecy in the south of France.
Hotel check out time was 12 noon. We booked our taxi to Gare de Lyon at 11.
– At 10 am sharp, I was already in Sephora shop in Champs Élysées. The biggest Sephora that I have seen so far. I want to get some make up to take back home. The YSL touché éclat was around $78 at home but it was around €35 ($43). It was really good to come early in the morning because I could get the sales assistant’s help & she put on my make up while giving me some tips on doing my own make up.
I took this photo yesterday night at around 9 pm. So many people there.
– At 11 am sharp the taxi was at the hotel and we went to the train station. It costs €15 from the hotel to Gare de Lyons by taxi.
– It was good that we checked out the platform and working out how the system works when we bought the train tickets two days ago. Otherwise there were too many people at Gare the Lyons station & it would be hard for us to navigate our way with our bags.
– We took the first class based on one of our friends recommendation. It was good & I slept well in the train 🙂
Again the Husband has been really good in choosing the hotel. The hotel name was Alloborges. It’s a 3 stars hotel with a nice character.
– I was hungry somehow and had late lunch at a crepe restaurant.
The Husband ordered an ice cream & he found flies stuck inside the ice cream! We found this amusing 🙂
Typical lunch costs
– On the opposite of the restaurant there was a shop called Maisons du Monde. I saw a lot of ladies went in and bought something from the shop. I went in and check it out.
These are the photos of some of the products that I saw there:
I went to check out a shop called Promod and bought this dress for €15. Psst.. I’m actually banned from shopping until the last day in Paris because we want to travel light. But… one or two dresses surely won’t make a difference right? 😉
– The highlight for today was going to the lake. We rented a two person pedal boat for 1 hour. I wore my swim suit & just sleep under the sun. What a blessed day!!
The view of the lake
– We went for dinner at a restaurant called L’etage. This restaurant was recommended by foursquare.
I had my first (& maybe last) foie gras. I couldn’t stomach it and had to stop eating before I threw up.
According to foursquare, people said that the fondue is the best. I tried it and wasn’t really impressed.
All in all it has been a marvelous day!