The Husband & I love this chocolate mousse recipe that we got from the women’s weekly “cook” book page 602. It only takes 15 minutes to make, only needs 4 ingredients (three of them are mostly in your pantry already) and make sure that you make it a night before serving so you can refrigerate it first. I write this recipe as a request from a girlfriend, so rather than put it in an email, it’s better to put it in my blog so some other people might want to give it a go 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus refrigeration time)
Cooking time: 5 min (plus cooling time)
1. 175 g dark eating chocolate
2. 300 ml thickened cream
3. 3 eggs, separated
4. 2 tablespoons caster sugar
Step by step instruction:
1. Chop chocolate coarsely.
2. Combine with half of the cream in large heatproof bowl.
3. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water; stir until chocolate melts.
4. Cool chocolate mixture for 5 minutes then stir in egg yolks, one at a time.
5. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
6. Add sugar; beat until dissolved.
7. Fold whites into chocolate mixture, in two batches.
8. Pour mixture into four 2/3-cup (160ml) serving glasses.
9. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
If you care (which I don’t because it’s too much work), then you can have another 25 gr of chocolate and make chocolate curls using a vegetable peeler. Dollop cream and sprinkle chocolate curls over each mousse.
Goodluck and I hope you’ll enjoy it as we do 🙂